Embark on a private mountain bike tour and discover the secrets that Borgarfjörður Eystri has to offer. Ride through colourful mountains and lush valleys filled with sheep and birds, feeling the cool ocean breeze as you descend to the open water and experience absolute stillness in the deserted wilderness located next to the sleepy fishing village.
This exhilarating ride will take you from the village across the scenic valley and oceanfront of Borgarfjörður Eystri over to the wild lands beyond the mountains.
With your expert local guide leading the way, you’ll hear tales of bravery and resilience from the local people who once inhabited the deserted valleys of the Víknaslóðir Wilderness. Your guide’s knowledge of the area’s history and culture will add depth and meaning to your adventure, making it a truly unforgettable experience.
The final descent is a heart-pumping rush as you ride seemingly at the world’s edge, with nothing but the ocean in front of you. As you come to the end of your ride, you’ll be greeted with the stunning sight of puffins in the picturesque harbour. Take a moment to marvel at these incredible creatures before enjoying a refreshing drink and heading back to town on a smooth and slow ride along the local road.
If you’re a thrill-seeker and nature lover looking for a unique and unforgettable adventure, this private tour of Borgarfjörður Eystri is the perfect choice. With its breathtaking scenery, challenging trails, and expert local guide, it’s sure to be an experience you’ll never forget.
- Use of a full-suspension bicycle tuned to your size and weight
- Use of a helmet
- Guidance and assistance of a professional, English-speaking guide
- Meals and refreshments
Good to know
- Please note that wearing a helmet is mandatory on the ride.
- Gear tuning takes place onsite by your guide with your input. So please be sure to know your weight. The tuning can take between 5-10 minutes.
- This tour is rated “challenging” and thus requires participants to be in good physical condition and used to mountain biking.
- Puffin sighting is not guaranteed
- The provider will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event and a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
What to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- A thin hat
- Hiking shoes
- Water bottle
From 9,900 kr. /pp.