Experience the unique adventure of a Dog Cart Ride on dry land in North Iceland! Located near the beautiful Lake Mývatn, this thrilling ride puts you behind the reins of a genuine dog cart and gives you a chance to explore wild nature surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
Come to Vallholt Farm in North Iceland, tucked between Akureyri and Lake Mývatn. There, you’ll be greeted by a knowledgeable guide — your local musher — who will share stories about the friendly dogs, the thrilling sport of dog sledding, and how to train sled dogs in summer conditions.
Two guests and the musher will share a cart pulled by 9 to 14 Siberian Husky dogs. You’ll travel on a 2.5 km trail, exploring the amazing scenery of North Iceland. The approximately 15-20 minute ride is slightly bumpy but will provide an unforgettable journey surrounded by the region’s natural beauty.
After the thrilling ride through fields and meadows, you’ll have the opportunity to meet and cuddle with the friendly dogs and give them a well-deserved belly rub.
Dog sledding is a great physical and mental exercise for the Huskies. It encourages them to work as part of a team, allows them to stretch their legs and gives them that feeling of freedom. It also increases their energy level and stamina, helping them become fitter. In fact, the repetitive act of running can improve their body awareness and help decrease their stress levels.
For us humans, dog cart rides on dry land are incredibly fun and the perfect activity for the entire family. The sound of trotting paws, the fresh air, and the stunning views make it an unforgettable addition to your holiday in North Iceland.
Don’t wait! Book your dry-land dog cart tour today and experience the magic yourself!
- Dog cart tour
- Kennel visit
- English-speaking guide
- Use of warm overalls, hats, and fly net if needed
- Pick up and drop off (can be added during the booking process)
Good to know
- This tour is accessible for those with limited eyesight.
- The tour is not suitable for pregnant people or those with back problems.
- The cart’s seats are not spacious so if you use a clothing size larger than XL, it might feel tight. If you have questions about height or weight restrictions, or any other questions, feel free to fill out the form to the right.
- Note that sometimes the dogs get loud just before you leave for the ride. Know that they are fine; just very excited.
- Please be at the tour start location in good time before the departure time.
What to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- Good shoes
- Sunglasses and sunblock
From 25,000 kr. /pp.