Are you looking for an adventure that will get your heart racing and take you off the beaten path? Look no further than Borgarfjörður Eystri, a picturesque town in East Iceland that’s home to one of the most exhilarating mountain bike tours around. In addition to experiencing breathtaking scenery, you’ll also get the chance to spot adorable puffins in their natural habitat.
Imagine exploring the rugged terrain of Iceland on a mountain bike, feeling the rush of adrenaline as you navigate through stunning landscapes. And, of course, the added bonus of seeing puffins up close and personal in their natural environment. This is an adventure you won’t want to miss!
Borgarfjörður Eystri is a hidden gem in East Iceland, offering an adventure-packed guided mountain bike tour that will get your heart racing and take you on a journey through the breathtaking Icelandic landscape.
You’ll start your adventure from a parking lot where you’ll meet your guide. You’ll begin with a hike to the Brúnavíkurskarð mountain pass, from where you’ll embark on a thrilling bike ride along a trail to the Grey Ridge. Once at the top, you’ll be treated to stunning panoramic views of the Brúnavík Inlet, Njarðvík Bay, Borgarfjörður Fjord, and the majestic Mt. Dyrfjöll.
But the best part is yet to come — a gripping, 3-kilometre-long downhill ride that will take you all the way back to Borgarfjörður Eystri. And once your adventure is over, your guide will take you to the Hafnarhólmi Puffin Marina to learn all about these fascinating birds and their habitat.
This guided mountain bike tour is perfect for adventure enthusiasts looking for a unique and exciting way to explore the Icelandic countryside. So get ready to experience the thrill of a lifetime and create unforgettable memories. Don’t wait any longer to book your spot on our mountain bike tour in East Iceland with puffin watching!
- Use of a full-suspension bicycle tuned to your size and weight
- Use of a helmet
- Guidance and assistance of a professional, English-speaking guide
- Meals and refreshments
Good to know
- Please note that wearing a helmet is mandatory on the ride.
- Gear tuning takes place onsite by your guide with your input. So please be sure to know your weight. The tuning can take between 5-10 minutes.
- This tour requires a moderate level of personal physical fitness. You’ll hike uphill with your bikes for about 1.5 hours, up to about 350 metres above sea level.
- This tour requires some experience in mountain biking since you will be riding downhill through variable terrain.
- This tour requires good basic decision making and safe behaviour
- Puffin-sighting is not guaranteed
- The provider will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event and a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
What to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- A thin hat
- Hiking shoes
- Water bottle
From 5,990 kr. /pp.