Are you looking for an adventure to remember?
Discover a unique and thrilling experience with a dog sledding tour in North Iceland! Let a professional guide take you on a journey through some of the most spectacular landscapes in Iceland, from snowy fields to picturesque meadows. What’s more, you’ll get up close and personal with the friendly and loyal sled dogs — perfect for animal lovers!
You’ll find the Vallholt Farm between Akureyri and Lake Mývatn in North Iceland. There, a friendly local guide — or musher — will greet you and tell you a little bit about the dogs and sledding.
In groups of 2-4 people, you’ll get in a sled along with the musher, and then there is nothing left but to dash off into the countryside. A group of 8-10 Siberian Huskies will pull the sled along a scenic trail that is approximately 6-8 km (3.7-5 mi) long. The ride will take about 40-70 minutes, including lots of photo and cuddle stops.
Afterwards, you can stop by the kennel to meet the dogs, give them a well-deserved belly rub, and take lots of photos.
Want to experience the real Iceland on an excursion that will stay with you long after the snow melts? Then this is the perfect way to do it!
Don’t wait – book your dog sledding tour in North Iceland now and experience a thrill like no other!
- Dog sledding tour
- Kennel visit
- English-speaking guide
- Use of warm overalls and hats if needed
- Pick up and drop off (can be added during the booking process)
Good to know
- This tour is wheelchair accessible and accessible for those with limited mobility or limited eyesight.
- The tour is not suitable for pregnant people.
- If you weigh more than 100 kg (220 lbs), let the provider know before your arrival so they can make the necessary adjustments.
- The tour will be moved to higher grounds if there is little snow. The provider will inform you where the new location will be the day before departure.
- In case of cancellation by the provider, you will receive a 100% refund.
- Note that sometimes the dogs get loud just before you leave for the ride. Know that they are fine; just very excited.
- Please be at the tour start location in good time before the departure time. Remember to account for the snow in your estimation of the driving time.
What to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- Good warm shoes
- Sunglasses or goggles
From 33,000 kr. /pp.