Hunt for the elusive Aurora Borealis in a large 4×4 vehicle on this private tour. Those looking for total comfort and complete privacy during their winter holiday in Iceland should book this luxurious excursion today.
You’ll be picked up in the evening and driven out into the dark countryside. Aside from clear skies, what is needed to see the beautiful Northern Lights is complete darkness. Your guide will find the perfect spot, far away from the bright city lights, where you can witness this spectacular celestial display.
Your guide will also help you photograph this natural phenomenon, a task which can often be tricky for those untrained. You will also get hot chocolate and, if you’re in the mood, Icelandic Brennivín, to keep you warm while you stand outside in the Icelandic winter.
The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and therefore cannot be guaranteed to show up. If they cannot be found on your tour, you can try again another night for free. So make sure to book this tour at the beginning of your holiday.
For this tour, you’ll have a choice of two vehicles, all 4×4, and more than capable of driving through Iceland’s rough winter terrain.
The first one of these is a Luxury SUV which seats up to six people. It offers more comfort than the other two choices but cannot go off the beaten track. Those looking for a smooth ride while being chauffeured from the city should consider this option.
The second choice is a Super Jeep, a modified 4×4 vehicle which seats seven people, and the third choice is a Monster Truck which is suited for larger groups.
Both of these vehicles are designed to go off the beaten track, to places where standard tour buses cannot go. They are the perfect choice for those looking for some adventure and excitement while hunting for the beautiful Northern Lights.
See the beautiful Northern Lights in comfort and style with this luxurious private tour. Book now to secure your spot on this popular excursion.
- Pick-up and drop-off in Reykjavík
- Photography assistance
- Hot chocolate and Brennivín
- Free Wifi in the Super Jeep
- Meals and other refreshments not stated above
Good to know
- The Northern Lights are dependent on weather and sky conditions. If conditions are bad and sightings unlikely, the tour will be cancelled.
- The Aurora Borealis are a natural phenomenon so sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if cancelled more than 7 days before the tour, 50% if more than 48 hours and 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- Duration: 3-4 Hours
What to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- Warm hat and gloves
- Good winter shoes
From: 129.000 kr. /pp.