Visit Iceland’s most popular sightseeing route, the Golden Circle, and go on a snorkelling tour in Silfra Fissure where you’ll swim between continents in crystal-clear waters. Those looking to get the best of Iceland and combine it with a spot of adventure need to look no further.
You’ll be picked up in Reykjavík in the morning in a small and comfortable minibus. Your first stop is Þingvellir National Park, where Viking settlers gathered in 930 AD to form Iceland’s parliament, Alþingi.
Þingvellir is also remarkable for its geological position; it is located in a rift valley between the N-American and Eurasian tectonic plates. Here you can also find Silfra, a fissure filled with meltwater from the nearby Langjökull glacier. The water travels from the glacier through a surrounding lava field which filters it and makes it crystal-clear when it finally reaches Silfra.
You’ll get to explore these crystalline waters on a snorkelling tour in the fissure. After gearing up in a dry suit, you’ll descend a staircase into the water where you’ll immediately discover a bright blue and yellow world underwater.
Throughout your swim between the continents, your guide will take photos, both of the scenery and you, with a professional underwater camera. After the tour, these photos will be uploaded and sent to your email account free of charge.
From Silfra, you’ll head to the Geysir Geothermal area where you’ll see the mighty geyser, Strokkur, erupt in a large column of hot water every 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep your camera on hand to capture this spectacular feature. Surrounding the area are also smaller geysers, bubbling mud pools, and hissing steam vents.
Last but not least is Gullfoss Waterfall. This impressive cascade is fed by the same glacier that provides Silfra with its water. However, instead of the water trickling through a lava field, it rushes rapidly from the glacier before plummeting 32 metres into an ancient canyon.
Experience the beauty of Iceland and the thrill of snorkelling between continents on this fantastic small-group tour. Book now to secure your spot.
- Pick-up from Reykjavík
- Wi-Fi on board the minibus
- Snorkelling tour of Silfra
- Golden Circle Sightseeing tour
- English speaking guide & certified snorkelling guide
- GoPro underwater photos
- All necessary snorkelling equipment
- Warm undersuit and drysuit
- Hot drinks and cookies after the snorkelling tour
- Lunch or other meals
Good to know
- This tour can last up to 10 hours
- The itinerary may be altered to fit the daylight and to avoid big crowds
- Participants MUST have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here. We recommend you bring the Form already printed out and signed, but you cal also can sign the Form at the meeting location.
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim.
- Communicate in English at the time of the tour.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- You must be a maximum of 69 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are 60 years of age or over, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the Medical Statement.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
What to bring
- Warm base layers
- Warm and waterproof outer layers
- Good hiking shoes (can be rented). If you are visiting in the winter, make sure your shoes have slip-resistant soles or bring crampons
- Packed lunch or snacks
From 26.900 kr. pp.