Looking to get off the beaten path when you travel to Iceland? Check out this unique experience of riding a giant truck up a glacier and exploring what lies beyond! With activities like golf, sledding, or ice cave visits available, this excursion promises thrills for adventurers of all ages.
Discover a new way to explore Iceland’s rugged terrain and take in picturesque views that can’t be found elsewhere. This is the perfect activity for anyone who loves excitement and has an adventurous spirit!
For this adventure, you’ll meet your guide at Gullfoss Waterfall, one of the three stops of the Golden Circle sightseeing route. There, you’ll board a bus that will take you into the barren Highland region of Iceland, where you’ll find Langjökull, Iceland’s second-largest glacier.
At the base camp on Langjökull are two large trucks, the world’s largest glacier trucks, in fact. Known as Sleipnir I and Sleipnir II, these monster trucks have been specially modified to make navigating the icy surfaces easier, allowing you to get up close and personal with some truly incredible glacial wonders.
Alongside experienced guides, you’ll explore the enchanting landscape in one of the Sleipnir trucks while hearing fascinating stories about Iceland’s unique traditions and past. During stops along the way, you’ll have the chance to have some fun. Depending on the weather, this includes sledding, visiting an ice cave, glacier golfing, or simply enjoying the breathtaking scenery with a cup of a warm drink. Of course, there will also be many opportunities to take photos or videos of the surrounding snow-capped mountains.
Don’t wait – book your ride on the glacier truck today before it’s too late! See what amazing things you can discover with this extraordinary opportunity!
- Guided tour of Langjökull Glacier
- Snacks and drinks
- Use of crampons
- WiFi onboard
- Pick up and drop off at Gullfoss Waterfall
- Pick up and drop off from Reykjavik
Good to know
- Please note that this tour is not wheelchair or stroller accessible
- There are no child seats available in the shuttle. Small children must sit on your lap.
- Ice caves are a natural phenomenon; conditions can change depending on weather and climate. Visiting one on this tour is not guaranteed.
- Your safety is the priority; therefore, the provider may cancel the tour with short notice if conditions are not deemed safe. An alternative tour or a refund will be offered if that is the case.
What to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- Good hiking shoes that cover your ankles
- Warm hat, scarf and gloves
- Sunglasses in the summer
From 22,982 kr. /pp.